There are fifteen archangels. Each of them has a special job in assisting humans. Archangels are also associated with each chakra, although there is much disagreement, according to various sources, regarding which archangel aids each particular chakra. Some believe this is not necessary; just call upon your favorite archangel for any need.
Archangels are of a lower rank than Seraphim and Cherubin. They are, however, closer to humans. Seraphim are the highest rank of celestial hierarchy. They are associated with light, ardor, and purity. Seraphim are clothed in red and are known as “the burning ones.” They surround God’s throne and are above it.
It is sometimes written that Cherubin are placed by God at the entrance to paradise. They are beside and around God’s throne. They glorify and praise God while holding flaming swords. Some sources state that they guarded the Garden of Eden after the banishment of Adam and Eve. Cherubin are called the Guardians of God, although it is not known how many there are. They are clothed in blue.
Still other heavenly beings are ranked higher than the archangels, but archangels are preferred by humans. The Eastern Orthodox faith allows for seven archangels of God. They are Jegudiel, Gabriel, Selaphiel, Michael, Uriel, Raphael and, Barachiel. Christian legend has seven archangels in The Book of Enoch, but this book was excluded from the Bible. The seven are Michael, Gabriel, Raphael, Uriel, Chamuel, Jophiel, and Zackiel.
The Catholic church does not recognize Uriel, Jophiel, Chamuel, and Zadkiel (Zackiel), saying they are just “new age beliefs.” The church only acknowledges Michael, Gabriel, and Raphael.
Returning to the fifteen Archangels and how they assist us:
- Ariel heals animals, connects to nature, and is a punisher to those in darkness.
- Azrael is an angel of healing and helps in the transition from life to death.
- Chamuel promotes universal peace and inner peace.
- Gabriel aids childrens’ welfare, protecting little ones.
- Haniel gives sacred energy and intuition.
- Jeremiel is the angel of visions and life review.
- Jophiel changes a negative to positive mindset.
- Metatron rids low energies and aids healing.
- Michael is a great protector.
- Raguel heals arguements and brings harmony.
- Raphael also brings healing and protects travelers.
- Raziel governs knowledge and lessons in life.
- Sandalphon delivers prayers to God, to feel divine love, and helps musicians.
- Uriel gives insight and answers.
- Zadkiel or Zachariel works for forgiveness to heal emotional pain and memory.
How wonderful it is to think about these beautiful, powerful archangels. We all choose what we wish to believe.